Monday, May 18

Red Sox Intro Music

In keeping with ITM's new found positive posting despite the Sox bumpy road trip, I thought I'd pass along some interesting info courtesy of the Red Sox Insider.....



Below is a list of songs each Red Sox player decided on for their intro music (be it stepping up to the plate or warming up on the mound). I think each song says a lot about the player...please take special note to JD Drew's choice......


Batters:
Ellsbury - "Let It Rock", Kevin Rudolf (f. Lil' Wayne)
Pedroia - "Dre Day", Dr. Dre
Ortiz - "Somos De Calle", Daddy Yankee; "My Destiny" by Yomo
Youkilis - "Crank That (Soulja Boy)", Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
Drew - (no music by choice)
Bay - "Alive", Pearl Jam
Lowell - "Bombtrack", Rage Against The Machine
Varitek - "Kryptonite", 3 Doors Down
Green - "Bet That", Trick Daddy; "I Run", Slim Thug
Lugo - "Como Yo", Juan Luis Guerra
Kottaras - "Sad But True", Metallica
Baldelli - "All Along The Watchtower", Jimi Hendrix; "Strange Times", Black Keys
Bailey - "Moby Dick", Led Zeppelin
Lowrie - "The Kids Aren't Alright", The Offspring
Carter - "Stronger", Kanye West
Kotsay - "Low", Flo Rida

Pitchers:
Beckett - "Living Hard", Gary Allan
Lester - "I Use What I Got", Jason Aldean
Matsuzaka - "The Next Door", Exile (theme to Street Fighter IV!)
Wakefield - "How Bad Do You Want It", Tim McGraw
Penny - "Lunatic Fringe", Red Rider
Delcarmen - "I'm From Boston", MAV Entertainment
Jones - "My Wave", Soundgarden
Ramirez - "Lucha", Nancy Amancio
Masterson "Rebirthing", Skillet
Saito, "Zenryaku Michino Ue Yori", Issei Fubi
Okajima - "The Oki-Doki", Tatami
Papelbon - "I'm Shipping Up To Boston", Dropkick Murphys



From the hardcoreDominican music of the hitters, to the country hicks on the pitching staff, the clubhouse sure must be an interesting place....."Dre Day" from Dusty somehow makes total sense, and "no music by choice" from JD Drew is only right....but seriously Mark Kotsay, Flo Rida? Not exactly what was expected, but I have more respect for you for doing it, now get healthy so I can laugh at it in a live format.



Take from this list what you will.....regardless, Go Sox.

2 comments:

Dale Sams said...

Completly trivial here but, "Lunatic Fringe" is the song and Red Rider is the band. I only mention that cause I have tons more respect for Penny now for picking that song.

Andi want to see Youk do the Soulja Boy dance.

DVicino said...

Thanks for the heads up Dale...this list is a direct lift from The Red Sox Insider, not that I would have known the song/band diffrerence anyways.

Youk doing the Soulja Boy is a must see celebration dance if/when the Sox are pouring champagne on each other come September and October. Just another reason to want them to win.

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation